Friday, June 13, 2008

Tanner has moved on up on in the lunch line...

For some reason I can't make these pictures bigger...
Tanner signing the adoption papers.



Everyone outstide the courthouse afterwards.


So it's official. Tanner has been pushed back in the lunch line. I say that because when I told Tanner he was getting adopted his response was, "Now I'll have to move back in the lunch line." Isn't that funny? The way kids think is so simple.
This was an amazing day! We are so grateful for everyone who was able to come and take part in Tanners adoption ceremony! I'm sad my Dad couldn't be there because I know this meant a lot to him and it was a day he and my mom have been waiting for for a long time! My parents have done so much for Tanner over the years and still continue to now. I'm also sad my sisters couldn't be there :( It's hard having big events like this and not having them here!

I appreciate Judge Bazelle for being able to see the big picture and for allowing Greg to adopt Tanner. I appreciate Grady, our attorney, who spent all the time he did to get this done without charging us a single cent. I appreciate my mom and the brunch that she had afterwards for everyone to enjoy. I realize every night when I say my prayers how much people are constantly serving my little family. I don't know what I continue to do right to be soo blessed???
You know, it didn't take the adoption to make Tanner Greg's son but it's nice to have it official and on paper! I worried how the transition would be with Greg and Tanner after we were married. Tanner wasn't super excited to make our little duo a trio. But with Greg's kindness, sensitivity and goofiness it's worked!
We are a happy little family!

20 comments:

natalie said...

I am truly happy for you guys. This day has been long coming and very much deserved. Tanner got a great Dad and I know he is aware of that. Tanner-I am so happy for you and also proud of the boy you've become. You help your Mom out so much and she really needs it. When Nicole and I moved you did a great job at taking over and lending your Mom that extra hand. So Tanner Markham, CONGRATS!!!

Reeses Pieces said...

Ty looks so cute. Like Natalie said, he has grown up so much already. Man, I wish I could have been to the adoption ceremony. I hate missing out on special occasions like that. I want to see that group picture large. Will you email it to me. I'm glad all went well. You deserve it.
Tell Tanner Congratulations! Also, tell him that Carson and Dave say he's now Tanner (M)Hopper. He'll get the joke.

Katie said...

I am so excited for your little family. What a long awaited event! Your mom told me all about how much work and effort this took. I know your family will be blessed for years to come. Congrats!!

BenJoeM said...

Congrats

kelsey said...

Congrats to you all. That is so exciting. I know this has been a long awaited day and I'm so happy for you. You deserve the best and I think you finally got it!

Ranae said...

I hate to gloat, but I am SOSOSOSOSOSO glad I was able to be there! Seriously, there aren't many things that have touched me like that did. It really was a fabulous experience and I am so grateful for Greg's willingness to take on this huge responsibility. What an amazing guy! Thanks for including us in the celebration.

Grandma Shauna said...

All I have to say is that a Mother's prayers were answered this day. I have been praying for a long time that this day would come and now I can't thank my Heavenly Father enough for this blessing. This was a very emotional day for me. I am so happy that Tanner belongs to a real family now, and I know that he's especially happy.

Little Ty looks so cute in the picture below. What a humble, sweet family you have. I am so proud of, and happy for all of you.
Here's to all of the MARKHAMS!

KATE said...

Oh my word Alyson! Congrats to all of you! How fun and special! What a great day & fantastic event for your sweet family!
Again, Congratulations!!

The Crazy Clawson's said...

ok yeah....we are so exctied about this...it will be nice for tanner to move up in the lunch line..jk for how great...and you scored big with Greg...what a great guy...and your little guy...oh my word can you say so handsome...i love it

KATE said...

Um, tell Tanner he is my new BFF for mowing the lawn yesterday! You are the best! Thanks and Thanks Tanner Markham! he he

kelsey said...

Hey were you ever able to print pictures off of that CD?

Wendy said...

Very cool! I love Tanner!

Emily said...

I had so much fun talking to you and Greg at the family party. I came to see so much clearer that Greg was the perfect addition to the duo. It was fun to hear his side of the story about how you met, got married, etc. Congrats, again!

Tracy said...

Tanner, I am sorry I was out of town for your big day. Congratulations! You are a great young man. I'm glad your family is official and you and Ty can have the same last name. Love ya, Tracy

Jill said...

So exciting! Congratulations to you guys! Also, Ty is so darn cute and I can't wait to see him in person at the Wahlen family reunion!

Erin Porter said...

Congratulations, Markhams! We think of you and your wonderful family often. We're so happy that you have been so blessed with each other. - Jay and Erin Porter

KATE said...

Alyson~ I got home and saw the sign in your yard. sniff* double sniff!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, it's Cerise. I don't have a blog so I'm mooching off Elisabeth's. I just wanted to say how much I LOVE your blog? I love the set up, and how you blog about Tanner's school accomplishments. THe Markhams are so lucky to have you guys in their family. Have fun in HB

Ann Mitchell said...

This is so great for Tanner! I love the comment about the lunch line! That is too true!

mid said...

https://www.cekaja.com/info/merek-hand-sanitizer-terbaik/