Monday, April 14, 2008

Tomorrow is the Big Day!

Here I am, 40 weeks pregnant! Don't I look great?
This is my cute little cousin, Cassie. She text messaged me this picture today. I love it! It made my day! She's very excited about all the babies being born into the family. Thanks Cassie for the picture :)
So I am scheduled to be induced tomorrow! So unless there's a huge amount of women who show up tonight to have their babies, I'm good to go! Thank heavens! I went to the doctor this morning and he was almost suggesting I wait another week until my eyes filled up with tears. Then he changed his mind. Who says crying doesn't get you anywhere? I'm not a cryer, but you gotta do what cha gotta do!
I don't know who's the most excited for me to have this baby; Tanner, Greg or me? I was crazy and made 9 batches of strawberry freezer jam this afternoon so I'm not feeling anything but swollen ankles!
Today was a day of "lasts" for Tanner. We went to run erands and Tanner said, "This is my last day of running erands as an only child." We were eating dinner and Tanner says, "This is my last dinner as an only child." Needless to say, Tanner is excited! He probably knows more about pregnancy and labor than any other 11 year old out there. What a good sport and support he's been during this pregnancy!
I'm not sure if Greg is more excited to have the baby or excited about the fact he gets to take a week off of work?!? No, Greg is sooo excited! He can't wait for this baby to get here. He is going to be such a good dad!
Honestly, I have mixed emotions...I feel like I'm beginning another chapter in my life. I have LOVED the one-on-one time I've been able to have with Tanner. It hasn't always been the quantity I would have liked, but it has definitely been quality time! I just hope that the bond Tanner and I have will always remain strong.
I'm a little nervous to basically be starting over again. As I've said before, I go into Babies R' Us and break out into hives because for some reason the reality hits there!
This posting was really more a journal entry for me than anything. So if anyone is still reading to this point, wish us luck and include us in your prayers tomorrow :)

5 comments:

Grandma Shauna said...

It's 6:22 a.m. and I'm already up and wondering and worrying about you. (It'stress being a mom and grandma). I can hardly wait for Tanner to have a brother today
(hopefully - if there is a bed for you?). I can't believe you did all of that jam last night. ( I know what the world is getting for Christmas). That along with your swollen feet should have put you in labor on your own last night.

Well, I'll be busying myself all day today waiting for the phone to ring that he's about to be born.

I'll also be praying for you all day.

Love Ya Lots and I'm so happy for you, Mom

Mindy said...

Good luck Alyson! New babies are so much fun! I did the same thing to my doctor. I went for my appointment on my due date (that was a week later than my original one) and cried when they told me I was dilated to a one for the third week in a row. I'm not one to use crying to get my way either, but in this case it's totally justified! --Mindy

angie said...

Good luck Alyson. I can't wait to see the little guy.

Peck Biggest Loser said...

Well I hope that you got to have a baby today. I worked last night and Labor and Delivery was jam packed and I kept on thinking to myself, "I hope Alta View is different." Good luck and I can't wait to see little Ty.

Kelsey

Reeses Pieces said...

I just got home from FL. and as I'm looking at this cute picture of Cassie, Mom is calling to tell me your belly is baby free. I'm so excited to see pictures. I hope you're feeling well. We'll talk soon.!